Question PA34 Seneca IV Armrest/Panel material

• Tyler Kirby
  • Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
01 Jan 2023 08:06 #3765 by Tyler Kirby
Replied by Tyler Kirby on topic PA34 Seneca IV Armrest/Panel material
Yes, that is how the PA32 line is as well. However on the PA34 IV looks like when they redesigned the side panel and moved the switches to the front they changed the design on the side panels. It appears that the arm rest is a built in contoured one piece component of the side panel. I don't have the parts manual for the IV and it isn't described in the maintenance manual so I can't tell. Maybe someone here has the parts manual for a IV and can tell me it that is one piece. I'll try to get some pics and post them for reference.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2022 09:34 #3764 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic PA34 Seneca IV Armrest/Panel material
Hi Tyler,
I'm basing this answer on the Seneca II parts manual I have and my experience with Pipers.
All of the arm rests in your Seneca are removable, and all are easy to remove. There are two coarse threaded screws securing the armrests.
You can access these screws from under the armrests. They are phillips headed fasteners. They are angled upward at about 30 degrees.
Unscrew them and you will be able to remove your arm rests. You can get new upholstery installed by a local upholstery shop. The only caveat is that you must use fabric that is fire resistant.
One source for this type of fabric is Scandia, (skandiainc.com/) but it isn't the only one. If you know a good upholsterer (car, home, boat) they will likely know where to get fire resistant fabrics.
Let me know if I can help further,
Steve

• Tyler Kirby
  • Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
29 Dec 2022 21:39 #3763 by Tyler Kirby
PA34 Seneca IV Armrest/Panel material was created by Tyler Kirby
Just bought a Seneca IV. The pilot armrest is coming apart off the sidewall. I know the PA32 series armrests were screwed into the side panel but this looks like the armrest was a molded component of the side panel. Is that true? Can I replace/repair this without replacing the entire side panel? The rest of the interior is in good shape so not looking for whole interior re-do.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds