Question Flying an Apache

• Eric Parks
  • Eric Parks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
15 Feb 2024 19:51 - 15 Feb 2024 19:52 #4208 by Eric Parks
Replied by Eric Parks on topic Flying an Apache
Latest "toy" is a RoboTow for the Apache. This allows me to get the plane in and out of the hangar without needing the tug. 

The RoboTow is not quite powerful enough to get the Apache in the hangar without a little wooden ramp to help get the tires over the lip of the door. A little "body english" helps too!

I got to fly the "left seat" of the Apache for the first time today since late October! My instructor buddy was flying as PIC and giving me "dual". But that allowed me to get current in the Apache again while having someone watch me and keep me out of trouble! We had a bumpy day down low so the 3 patterns were a little more interesting than usual plus we had a little traffic (which is a little unusual at our quiet airport). After the patterns we went to 6,500' where it was smooth and did another simulated engine out but with me in the left seat and Gerry running the drill. At 6,500' we just maintained altitude on one engine simulated out but I think that's about as good as we could expect. Anyway, a fun day to finally get back flying in Annie.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2024 19:52 by Eric Parks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2024 17:16 #4195 by Scott Kinney
Replied by Scott Kinney on topic Flying an Apache
Eric, can you send me a note at scott [AT] aviationgroupltd [DOT] com? We can follow up by email as to not further clutter your thread.

• Eric Parks
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
01 Feb 2024 16:38 #4194 by Eric Parks
Scott,

I'm fine with using this for the magazine. We would probably want to fill it out a little more but I'm always glad to help.

Eric

• Eric Parks
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
01 Feb 2024 16:37 #4193 by Eric Parks
Thanks Steve. Been wanting to do that for a while. Hope to "play" with Annie more as we go.

• Eric Parks
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
01 Feb 2024 16:35 #4192 by Eric Parks
Steve, this has def been a rough time for us. It seems everyone is catching SOMETHING. I'm hoping I've had enough to be immune! Hang in there. And if you find that wand let me know!!

Eric

More
01 Feb 2024 15:26 #4191 by Scott Kinney
Replied by Scott Kinney on topic Flying an Apache
I hadn't looked at this thread in awhile. Great stuff here!

Eric, may we use your recent VYSE post in an upcoming print issue of Piper Flyer? Steve flagged it as something that would be worthy of broader circulation and I completely agree with him.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds